What are the benefits of martial arts training?
- Martial arts are first and foremost very effective methods of self defence
- Promote health and fitness
- A very effective way of building discipline, self confidence and self respect
- Improves focus & Listening, balance and posture
- Boost socialization skills
- A great way to learn about setting and achieving goals
- Increased self esteem
- Great for staying fit and active
- Stranger awarness and personal safety
- Children that train in the martial arts tend to do better in school
- A great way of meeting people and making new friends
What age can I start?
Our programmes start as young as toddlers and go up to any age. Every session is specific to age and ability
How will I know the club is suitable?
All OSTMA instructors are first aid qualified, Police checked and insured. All OSTMA instructors teach and train on a full time basis. Within the first few sessions you will see the professionalism of the classes and the teaching team.
What should I wear?
Anything comfortable to move around in. Uniforms will be provided upon joining the club
How much does it cost?
This all depends on the programme you are interested in and the classes available. Unlike other martial arts clubs, we initially offer an unlimited free trial period. We want you to feel fully happy with everything we have to offer before you join the club. We will always provide you with the information on the programme you are interested in following your first session with us and when you are ready to join, our team will take you through the simple process!
Are there hidden costs?
No! There is a fee for gradings however students only partake in these when they are ready to do so. Additional costs are involved for additional events that students may choose to do such as seminars and competitions.
I’ve heard many martial arts schools tie you in to 12 month contracts?
Not at OSTMA we don’t!!! If you or your child decides that the martial arts are no longer for you, all we ask is that you give us 30 days notice so we can free this space within the class.
Great! How can I try some sessions?
Locate a OSTMA instructor near and contact them! Click here to visit the OSTMA instructor finder.